We have previously written about other party bus accidents including one accident that occurred in California. In that accident, a passenger of the bus tumbled out of the bus doors when the driver made an unexpected turn. An investigation later found that the bus doors were faulty and this defective condition allowed the man to […]MORE
Families have many choices when it comes to their spring or summer cooking methods. Many people are all too eager to take the heat produced from cooking outside and therefore utilize a charcoal or gas grill. There are many versions of gas grills including small units that utilize a miniature propane tank that one might […]MORE
Spring is here and the warmer weather means that people will soon venture outside to clean off their porch, deck, veranda, or balcony. However, a porch or deck is often overlooked as a potential source of severe injury due to wear and tear combined with insufficient maintenance. Homeowners and building owners who fail to engage […]MORE
Roosevelt Boulevard, Long Known for Vehicle & Pedestrian Accidents and Deaths, to Undergo Safety Study
Some have called the high-traffic Roosevelt Boulevard a death trap. Others have long bemoaned the state of the roadway and the danger that it presents to both pedestrians and drivers. In fact, in 2008, former Mayor Nutter characterized the Boulevard as, “one of the most hazardous roads in America.” Unfortunately, despite the recognition that a […]MORE
This year is been marked by the start of trials regarding liability for accidents allegedly caused by General Motors’ faulty ignition switches. Signs of problems with the ignition switches were detected more than a decade ago, but these signs were missed and the problem grew into a major debacle. The first recall was announced in […]MORE
While limousines have long dominated the private transportation industry, demand for party buses has exploded in recent years. The potential benefits of party buses are numerous. For one, when heading to a sporting event like an Eagles or Phillies game, a party bus does not carry the same underlying social connotations that the use of […]MORE
An injury to the brain is one of the most concerning injuries a person can have because the brain is the control center for the body controlling all other organs and functions. Unfortunately, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are surprisingly common injuries. According to the CDC statistics, a simple fall is the leading cause of TBIs […]MORE
In recent weeks and months, the so-called bell weather GM ignition switch trials have begun. The first trial was held in New York and the second was recently held and decided in Louisiana. In the first trial, the jury was, unfortunately, never able to reach a verdict. The lack of a verdict in the first […]MORE
How is the Derailment of Train 89 Outside of Philadelphia Different from the Derailment of Train 188?
The derailment of Train 89 sent yet another shock to Philadelphia-area commuters and those who travel along the New York City to Washington D.C. corridor. The seeming frequency of train derailments and serious train accidents inflicting injuries ranging from mild to moderate to life-altering or life-ending is a fact that must weigh heavily on the […]MORE
We have long known that any impact to the skull including concussive impacts can potentially impact the brain. In some cases, the effects of the concussion or another impact of the skull are immediate and apparent. This immediate and potentially severe effects of a traumatic brain injury are most noticeable in terms of the individual’s […]MORE
USA Today: Hayrides in many states face few regulations
US News and World Report: Families Expect Fun at Amusement Parks, Not Danger
- Faulty Doors are Frequently the Cause of Party Bus Accidents and Deaths
- Take Safety Precautions When Using Gas Grills to Avoid Serious Injuries
- Is Your Porch or Deck an Injury or Death Risk?
- Roosevelt Boulevard, Long Known for Vehicle & Pedestrian Accidents and Deaths, to Undergo Safety Study
- GM Settles Third Defective Ignition Switch Bellwether Trial
- Party Buses for Football and Baseball Games Promise Fun, But Safety Dangers Exist
- Blood Test to Detect TBI Injuries Shows Promise
- Second GM Ignition Swtich Trial Results in Mixed Verdict
- How is the Derailment of Train 89 Outside of Philadelphia Different from the Derailment of Train 188?
- New York Times Claims NFL's Concussion Research Was "Far More Flawed" Than Previously Thought
- Personal Injury Accident Case Creates Potentially Perilous Psychological IME Review Standard for Plaintiffs
- Pennsylvania Nursing Home Health and Safety Violation Enforcements Spiked in 2015
- Will Courts Permit Secret Settlements in Product Liability and Personal Injury Matters?
- NFL Executive Affirms Link Between Playing Football and Development of CTE
- Why Did Toyota Expand its Takata Airbag Recall as NHTSA Resists a Further Expansion of the Program?