Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
The stories we hear and learn about as lawyers known for winning serious medical malpractice cases are some of the most tragic and heart-wrenching imaginable. In Pennsylvania and across the nation, laws and procedural changes in recent years have made pursuing monetary compensation for medical negligence far more difficult and costly to pursue — but we believe adamantly that our rights to recourse for medical negligence must be protected.
If you have lost a family member or been seriously injured because of substandard medical care, please contact us and request a free case evaluation. We have a strong network of physicians and medical experts to consult and we may be able to take action on your behalf.
A Track Record of Sizable Recoveries for Medical Negligence Victims
Our lawyers' successes for victims of medical malpractice have included:
- A $1.5 million-plus verdict for a woman who suffered for months and required a second surgery after a doctor left a sponge inside her body
- A $1.5 million recovery for negligence in administering the wrong medication
- A $1.45 million recovery for a woman whose HMO provider referred her to an unlicensed doctor for psychiatric care, leading to her being drugged and sexually assaulted
- A $650,000 settlement for the delayed diagnosis of breast cancer in a young woman
- A $550,000 settlement for the victim of a laparoscopic surgical error
- A $500,000 settlement for the family of a teenager with asthma who died after a physician failed to provide proper, timely treatment for respiratory distress
As the scope of these past cases shows, medical malpractice can come in many forms — from hospital and nursing negligence to misdiagnosis; from surgical, anesthesia or medication errors to birth injuries caused by substandard prenatal care or delivery mistakes. As emergency rooms and other medical facilities become increasingly overburdened, catastrophic errors increase and our trust in medical professionals continues to erode.
You have a legal right to medical services that meet the applicable standard of care. To discuss what this may mean for you after a wrongful death in your family or other life-changing adverse outcome, please contact us at Reiff & Bily.