Philadelphia Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Principal and Founding Attorney Jeffrey Reiff has been involved in many motorcycle cases. In these matters he has provided high-quality representation regardless of whether the case was a relatively straight-forward matter or if it required the advancement of groundbreaking theories of liability. Furthermore he has participated in numerous motorcycle safety and motorcycle law forums.
The motorcycle accident attorneys of Reiff & Bily understand that compared to the drivers and passengers of cars, trucks, and buses motorcycle riders have only their protective gear and clothing to protect them from the impact of colliding with a motor vehicle and sliding to a stop. Unfortunately, and despite the many positive qualities of motorcycles, this means that the injuries suffered by motorcycle riders are often significant and potentially life-altering or life-threatening. Many motorcyclists involved in accidents tend to suffer catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, serious burn injuries, spinal cord injuries, and catastrophic damage to arms and legs that may require amputation.
The Philadelphia Injury Lawyers Reiff & Bily Have Represented Many Motorcyclists Who Have Been Seriously Injured In Motorcycle Accidents Throughout Pennsylvania
Over our years of handling motorcycle accident cases, we have noticed the prevalence and commonality of certain elements that contribute to or result in a motorcycle accident. These elements include:
- Driver making a left-hand turn failed to see the motorcycle: As a smaller vehicle, motorcycles enjoy increased maneuverability and reduced stopping distances. A downside of the smaller size is the reduced conspicuity, or visibility, of the bike to other drivers. This risk is most prevalent when the driver of a passenger vehicle is making a left turn, but it can occur at any time.
- Road debris: Four-wheeled vehicles may experience a bump when passing over debris, but for motorcyclists the consequences can be much work. Debris that has fallen off of a vehicle or has otherwise accumulated in the roadway can cause a rider’s bike to destabilize sending the rider to the pavement.
- Collision with a fixed object: A collision with a fixed object such as a guardrail or a telephone pole is often fatal for motorcyclists. When motorcycle riders hit a fixed object they are often thrown from the bike sustaining additional injuries with each impact.
Poor road or weather conditions: While many riders will stay off the roads and highways during poor weather, others will brave the elements. Poor weather can increase stopping distances, decrease visibility, and reduce the margin for driver error.
The above represents only a selection of the factors that can contribute to a motorcycle accident. Unfortunately many other factors can also significantly increase the likelihood of a motorcycle crash or collision.
To File A Successful Motorcycle Accident Claim Or Lawsuit, It Is Important For A Motorcycle Accident Attorney To Establish:
Each and every element of the legal claim at hand. If the claim asserted following a motorcycle accident and injury is premised upon a negligence action there are four basic elements of negligence that must be proven beyond a preponderance of the evidence by the injured plaintiff. These basic elements of negligence include:
- Duty: In order for a valid claim to exist, there must be a duty owed by the person causing the injury to the injury victim. A duty of care typically exists among motorists driving on public roads.
- Breach: For the negligence action to be valid, the individual casuing the injury must breach a duty owed to the injury victim. The breach of duty can include actions characterized by recklessness, carelessness, or wanton disregard of the the health and safety of others.
- Damages: Demonstrate that you, the motorcycle accident victim, suffered injuries and other damages. Damages can include physical injuries, pain and suffering, lost wages, and reduced future earnings.
- Causation: The plaintiff and injury victim must be able to show that both legal (proximate) and actual cause was present.
The Philadelphia Motorcycle accident lawyers at Reiff & Bily, understand motorcycle accident law and know how to review and prove damages, establish legal responsibility, assess how much financial recovery your injuries warrant, and collect your financial settlement or judgment. Our attorneys will handle every aspect of your case so that you can focus on recovering from your motorcycle injuries.
We have an outstanding record of successful outcomes for our motorcycle injury clients’ cases. Contact Reiff & Bily today to request your free consultation with one of our experienced injury lawyers. Call 800-861-6708 or contact us online by completing the form located in the upper left-hand column.
USA Today: Hayrides in many states face few regulations
US News and World Report: Families Expect Fun at Amusement Parks, Not Danger