Reiff & Bily is a Philadelphia premises liability law firm. Our lawyers represent clients who have been injured in slip-and-fall accidents or were harmed by falling merchandise, inadequate security or other dangerous conditions. We protect the rights of injured people and their families throughout Pennsylvania.
If a property owner neglected to correct an unsafe condition, which caused your injuries, Reiff & Bily would like to offer you a free consultation.
Premises Liability Law
In Pennsylvania, persons harmed by an unsafe condition on another’s property may have a case for monetary compensation. Premises liability cases commonly involve slip and fall accidents, where a person slips, trips or falls because of a hazardous condition. Uneven pavement, loose electrical cords, liquids, defective stairs, and loose handrails can all cause a slip and fall accident. Slip and fall accidents can produce serious and extremely painful injuries, such as spinal cord damage, broken bones, dislocated joints, and traumatic brain injuries. These injuries may require you to take time off from work, undergo extensive medical procedures, and pursue lengthy rehabilitation. Some disabilities or injuries may be permanent.
Another common premises liability claim involves inadequate security. If property owners fail to provide the proper security measures on their premises and their negligence allows a third party to rape, rob or assault others, the injured parties may have a premises liability claim. Grounds for a premises liability claim may include failure to install proper lighting, alarms, or security cameras, as well as the failure to supervise and/or train employees and security personnel.
Call our Philadelphia Premises Liability Law Firm
Reiff & Bily provides a free case evaluation for Pennsylvania premises liability claims. Call us at (800) 421-9595 or contact us online.
- Casino Accidents
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Hotel Accidents
- Cruise Line Accidents
- Marina/Wharf/Pier/Pool Deck Slip & Fall
- Injuries from Falling Objects
- Airport Premises Liability
- Sidewalk Falls
- Escalator Injuries and Deaths
Premises Liability Case Results
- Confidential Substantial Settlement: Premises liability claim where an apartment dweller fell from an improperly installed, improperly maintained, and improperly inspected three story apartment balcony causing multiple fractures and resulting disabilities.
- Confidential Premises Liability Settlement: Tenants sustained burns and blisters because the landlord failed to properly set and adjust the water heater temperature according to code.
- $990,000 Premises Liability Result: Client experienced a subdural hematoma and post-concussion syndrome when a building facade fell on him.
- $940,000 Recovery: A premises liability plaintiff sustained bodily and head injuries after being struck by a collapsing building facade.
- $350,000 Slip and Fall/Premises Liability Result: - Slip and fall on ice at restaurant.
- $250,000 Premises Liability/Slip and Fall: Woman trips on a carpet tear in a hotel restaurant while on vacation.
- $227,500 Premises Liability:Woman injured at airport when a skycap failed to properly secure a wheelchair.
- $125,000 Premises Liability: Child's arm goes through a non-tempered window in a door panel.
- $100,000 Result: Woman was thrown from airport cart while being transported at a fast speed through Philadelphia Airport.
- $100,000 Premises Liability Recovery: Pedestrian suffers multiple injuries after being struck by a tree branch that fell from a decayed tree. Property owner was named the defendant of the lawsuit for failing to properly maintain the premise and keep the surrounding area in a safe condition so others wouldn't get hurt.
- $75,000 Premises Liability Result: Slip and fall on icy hospital parking lot.
- $65,000 Premises Liability: Chair collapsed at circus, soft tissue injuries suffered by event patron.