Pennsylvania Slip & Fall Injury Attorneys
Reiff & Bily is a nationally recognized personal injury law firm. We have successfully represented many clients with serious injuries in Pennsylvania. Our experience and resources allow us to handle a broad range of complex personal injury cases, including slip and fall cases.
If you are the victim of a Philadelphia slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to receive monetary damages for your injuries from the negligent party. Please contact Reiff & Bily to schedule your free consultation.
Slip and Fall Accidents
The most common type of premises liability case is the slip and fall claim. Slip and fall accidents usually occur when a person slips or trips due to an unsafe condition and then falls down. Construction defects, inadequate maintenance, broken steps, insufficient lighting, wet surfaces, and cracked pavements can all cause slip and fall accidents.
Slip and fall accidents occur on all sorts of premises, including office buildings, shopping malls, apartment buildings, parking lots, public buildings, schools, casinos, hotels, amusement parks, and restaurants. Property owners and those responsible for overseeing or maintaining a property must make sure that no unsafe condition on their premises can cause slip and fall accidents. Failure to do so due to negligence or carelessness can be grounds for a slip and fall claim.
Slip and fall accidents often result in serious injuries, including broken bones, neck injuries, concussions, nerve damage, lacerations, and bruises. As a victim of a slip and fall accident, you may have to take time off from work to recover. You may also experience long-term or permanent disabilities from the accident.
Our Philadelphia premises liability lawyers have helped many clients recover the maximum monetary compensation possible for their cases. Recovery may include compensation for medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and other associated damages.
Call a Philadelphia Lawyer at Reiff & Bily!
Slip and Fall Case Results
- $1.8 Million Settlement: In a slip and fall case, our client sustained multiple herniated discs from slipping on a sidewalk outside a restaurant.
- $1.6 Million Dollar Settlement: Our client slipped and fell, sustaining spinal injuries that required a laminectomy, a lumbar fusion, and an autograft of left iliac crest.
- $960,000 Slip and Fall Awarded: Plaintiff was on crutches due to pre-existing ankle fracture. Fell on wet floor and suffered an aggravation of her ankle injury requiring total ankle reconstruction. Jury returned verdict of $960,000.
- $350,000 Slip and Fall/Premises Liability Result: Slip and fall on ice at restaurant.
- $250,000 Premises Liability/Slip and Fall: Woman trips on a carpet tear in a hotel restaurant while on vacation.
- $126,000 Slip and Fall: Passenger on airplane slips and falls on loose cable in aisle and fractures wrist.
- $100,000 Slip and Fall Result: Client was injured because condition of hotel bathroom violated building codes.
- $100,000 Slip and Fall Result: Client fell on ice from downspout.
- $100,000 Slip and Fall Result: Casino injury case.
- $75,000 Slip and Fall/Premises Liability Result: Slip and fall on icy hospital parking lot.
- $45,000 Slip and Fall Result: Client sustained soft tissue injuries after slipping and falling down steps.
Did you have a slip and fall accident in New Jersey? Our firm handles cases across the east coast – give our lawyers a call and learn quickly why we’re Philadelphia’s trusted slip and fall law firm.
USA Today: Hayrides in many states face few regulations
US News and World Report: Families Expect Fun at Amusement Parks, Not Danger