Reiff & Bily is a Pennsylvania personal injury law firm with attorneys experienced in handling wrongful death cases. The unexpected death of a loved one can prove challenging to those left behind. In this time of grief, you may be pressed to make funeral arrangements, care for other family members or even attend to your own medical needs. Unfortunately, if you have lost your loved one due to a wrongful death, Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations requires that you file a wrongful death lawsuit within two years from the date of death to preserve your legal claim to compensation. Additionally, you may have to take immediate legal action to preserve evidence that supports your wrongful death claim.
The term wrongful death refers to a person’s death that was caused by the negligence or misconduct of another. In Pennsylvania, a person filing a wrongful death claim must be a relative of the person who passed away and may have to prove in court that he or she has the legal right to seek monetary damages from the person, group or company responsible for the death.
A relative may bring a wrongful death claim for both accidental deaths as well as criminal acts. Deaths caused by medical malpractice, driver negligence, defective products, hazardous premises may be the basis of a wrongful death claim.
Our injury attorneys have successfully represented families who have lost loved ones in tragic accidents in Philadelphia and throughout the state of Pennsylvania. We handle all our wrongful death cases with the skill, care and compassion. We will focus on protecting your legal rights as we thoroughly investigate the accident and pursue your claim for compensation.
For Outstanding Legal Representation, Call a PA Wrongful Death Lawyer at Reiff & Bily
Call Reiff & Bily at (800) 421-9595 or contact us online for a free case evaluation from our Philadelphia injury lawyers. Retaining the services of a personal injury law firm that understands Pennsylvania’s wrongful death law and has the experience and resources to prove your wrongful death claim allows you to immediately explore, understand and preserve your legal options.
Wrongful Death Case Results
- Confidential Settlement: 15 passenger van rollover. Multiple deaths and multiple catastrophic injuries of passengers.
- Confidential Wrongful Death Settlement: Errant motor vehicle strikes and kills jogger (a retired teacher) who dies.
- Confidential Wrongful Death Settlement: Hospital failed to supervise elderly patient that used a walker and experienced dizzy spells. Patient died shortly after breaking hip.
- Substantial Confidential Wrongful Death Award: Teenager killed after being struck by a bus in Pennsylvania.
- Substantial Confidential Wrongful Death Settlement: Teenager is killed in hit and run crash. Driver is later apprehended and charged with vehicular homicide.
- Confidential Wrongful Death and Survival Action Recovery: Family member of plaintiff suffered a thyroid storm and died shortly after release from correctional facility where the victim was denied proper medical attention during a stay lasting several weeks.
- Confidential Settlement: For wrongful death of prison inmate.
- Confidential Settlement: For dental malpractice involving improper medication/procedures resulting in death.
- $1,250,000 Wrongful Death Recovery: For the estate of a woman who died after she was release from a city prison because she did not receive the proper medical care while incarcerated.
- $1,100,000 Wrongful Death Settlement: Construction worker was killed when a steel beam fell off a forklift at construction site. Case settled at mediation for $1,100,000.
- $500,000 Medical Negligence Settlement: Physician failed to properly treat respiratory distress in an asthmatic teenager resulting in death. Case settled after 4 days of trial.