Is it more dangerous to have self-driving cars on the road, or exhausted drivers who fall asleep at the wheel? Just this March, Uber shut down its self-driving car campaign in Tempe, Arizona due to an Uber accident involving one of its driverless cars. Similarly, in June of last year, a Tesla autonomous vehicle was […]MORE
The May, 2017 Times Square crash in New York city left one Michigan teen dead, injured 22 others, and caused at least thousands of dollars in property damage and injuries. On May 18, the 26 year-old driver of a Honda Accord jumped the curb and drove for more than three blocks before coming to a […]MORE
When you’re injured while traveling abroad, what happens? Will you still be able to recover compensation from the negligent parties? The companies that own international amusement parks usually are not insulated from liability just because they are from another country. You may even be able to take them to court for your injuries in our […]MORE
Maryland Charter Bus Crash Carrying Philadelphia Students Poses Questions about Out of State Lawsuits
On May 15th, 2017, 29 people were injured in a bus crash on I-95 during a field trip to Washington, D.C. The 8th grade students of Philadelphia’s C.W. Henry School were traveling southbound on a Werner Coach charter bus when another driver in a blue Honda crossed lanes in front of the bus, clipping the […]MORE
Penn State Fraternity Death Highlights how Compensation may be Available for Alcohol-Related Injuries and Death
It is always a tragedy when a young person dies – even more so when the death is preventable. The recent death of Penn State University student Timothy Piazza at a fraternity house appears to be one of those deaths. Timothy was 19 years old when he died on February 4 after alleged hazing activity […]MORE
Many people rely on others to drive them every day. When you use Uber or Lyft, you expect a smooth ride – but what happens when you’re involved in an accident? The Philadelphia personal injury and car accident lawyers at Reiff and Bily are here to explain what happens when you’re in an accident in […]MORE
Pennsylvania is neither a “fault” state nor a “no-fault” state for auto insurance. Instead, it has a hybrid system where you can choose to use a no-fault insurance system or use a fault-based insurance system. This means that when you are involved in a car accident and need your injuries covered, it is up to your […]MORE
“Breach of duty” is a legal concept that comes into play in many personal injury cases, especially premises liability claims. Premises liability cases are those that result from injuries on someone else’s property when they fail to keep the the place safe for guests. Proving that someone else was responsible for your injuries often requires proving […]MORE
When you’re involved in a car accident, your injuries may be severe. Luckily, Pennsylvania law allows injured parties to recover compensation not only for medical expenses and surgeries, but for the physical pain and mental suffering itself. Unlike some states, Pennsylvania puts no limit on the amount of money you can collect for a personal […]MORE
Everyone imagines serious injuries resulting only from catastrophic car accidents. Clearly, if the Jaws of Life need to be used, or an occupant is thrown from the vehicle, severe injuries and death are likely. However, even low-speed crashes can cause surprisingly severe injuries. Any car accident is a prime opportunity for whiplash injuries and other […]MORE
USA Today: Hayrides in many states face few regulations
US News and World Report: Families Expect Fun at Amusement Parks, Not Danger
- How Negligence Can Impact Your Personal Injury Lawsuit
- Who Covers Uber and Lyft Accidents?
- What’s Worse: Sleeping Drivers or Self-Driving Cars?
- Can you Sue for Intentional Car “Accidents” like the 2017 Times Square Crash?
- Amusement Park Injuries Abroad
- Maryland Charter Bus Crash Carrying Philadelphia Students Poses Questions about Out of State Lawsuits
- Penn State Fraternity Death Highlights how Compensation may be Available for Alcohol-Related Injuries and Death
- What Happens When You’re in an Uber or Lyft Accident?
- The Choice of Fault vs. No-Fault Insurance in Pennsylvania
- How Breach of Duty can Help your Premises Liability Claim
- How is Pain and Suffering Determined in Pennsylvania Car Accidents?
- Fender Benders can Still Cause Serious Injuries
- Spring 2017 is Bringing Deck Collapses
- Dangerous Takata Airbags Could be in Your Used Car
- Can You File a Car Accident Lawsuit if There is No Damage?