It is a sad reality that accidents happen when we least expect them. Whether we are at work, or walking down the street there is danger everywhere around you. If you have been the victim of an accident you know all too well that accidents can be horrendous: a fall that breaks a hip or causes a bulge in your back, a car crash that leaves you with permanent disabilities, a workplace injury that leaves you unable to work. While these might be some of the extreme examples, most accidents, fortunately, are not as dramatic as these. But any accident that injures you has an untold impact on your health, your daily life, and your finances. When such an accident stems from someone else’s negligent actions, it is even more disturbing.
Chester County, PA
Chester County is one of the original Pennsylvania counties created by William Penn and has been a cornerstone of the Keystone State since 1682. Chester County offers its residents sprawling public parks, picturesque covered bridges, and numerous historic buildings. In addition to offering its residents vast tracts of farmland, Chester County has been consistently noted for its high average income. In fact, Chester County residents enjoy the highest average income of any county in Pennsylvania, and one of the highest in the nation. However, while this may sound like the ideal place to live, it is not immune from accidents, and Chester county residents are just as susceptible to injuries as anyone else in the state.
When you have an accident—on a Chester County roadway, or in a Chester County hotel, place of business, or tourist attraction—you need the support of a qualified attorney. With three decades of experience serving Chester County residents, the Chester County Personal Injury Lawyers at The Reiff Law Firm are equipped to handle all of your legal needs, and to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Over 30 Years Experience Handling Personal Injury in Chester County
Chester County’s population, as of the 2010 census, was over 500,000. Wherever this many people congregate, accidents are likely to occur. Some of the most common types of personal injuries in Chester County are:
- Slip and falls
- Workplace accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Train accidents
- Defective product mishaps
- Medical malpractice
- Exposure to hazardous substances
Accidents usually involve some sort of negligence. When you are injured due to the negligent actions of another, it is only fair that that person be held accountable. You deserve to have your medical and other expenses covered; you also deserve long-term peace of mind. According to studies, you will receive 3.5 times more compensation if you hire a lawyer.
Whether you had a car accident while driving on I-76, a fall while strolling around the Devon Horse Fair or the Brandywine Museum, a workplace accident at Costco, or a medical malpractice injury at a Main Line Health facility, you need a personal injury lawyer with the experience and know-how to handle your case properly.
What are the Legal Elements of a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury cases are known in the legal community as a tort claim. Regardless of where you are in the country all tort claims for personal injury are generally the same. If you want to bring a personal injury claim you will have to prove four essential elements. If you do not meet any one of these elements then you will not be able to recover any money or another form of damages for your injury. However, the mere existence of these elements does not guarantee you will be successful. The elements of a personal injury claim are:
- Duty: You must demonstrate that the other person was responsible for your injury and that they had some duty that they owed to you. Generally, when you are driving a car you have a duty to be a cautious driver. However, each personal injury case is different and the concept of duty is determined by the specific circumstances of your accident.
- Breach: In a personal injury case breach refers to not meeting the duty that a person owes to another. This can be demonstrated by violating a motor vehicle law.
- Damage: This is the element that most people are aware of and most people are concerned with. At its most basic level, personal injury law is about compensating people who have suffered an injury, be it physical, financial or emotional. To successfully win a personal injury claim you will need to demonstrate that you have suffered some damage.
- Causation/Connection: In a personal injury claim you must establish that there is a casual link between the persons’ actions and your injuries. If there is no connection between what a person does and your injuries you will not be able to recover for damages.
Chester County Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, contact the Chester County Personal Injury Lawyers at The Reiff Law Firm. We have been handling personal injury cases in Chester County for over three decades, and will make sure that you receive the support, guidance, and compensation you deserve. Importantly, you will not owe us a thing unless we get money for you. Call us today at (215) 274-0072 for a free consultation.