Submissions for the 2018 award are now open. We will announce the winner in August, 2018.
The Philadelphia law firm of Reiff and Bily, personal injury and car accident lawyers since 1979, is pleased to announce that we are currently offering young law students the 2018 Reiff and Bily Legal Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is open to any student studying for a career in the legal field. All applicants must be:
- Pursuing an undergrad degree in pre-law, political science, or paralegal studies, or;
- Working towards their J.D. in any concentration related to the law.
All applicants for the Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must demonstrate plans to enroll for admission‚ or have proof of current full-time enrollment at an accredited institution in pursuit of a J.D. If you have not yet received your acceptance into law school‚ you may still apply‚ but the scholarship will not be released without proof of acceptance and enrollment.
- Undergraduate students may apply; however, they should be able to meet scholarship eligibility criteria outlined in bullet item two.
- Your GPA must meet a minimum score of 3.0.
The recipient must provide the following documents in order to be considered eligible:
- A transcript reflecting the student’s current academic standing, including a minimum GPA of at least 3.0.
- Proof of admission and enrollment at an accredited institution of higher education in pursuit of a J.D.
- Proof that you are attending law school either this or next calendar year in the form of a transcript or acceptance letter.
All applicants need to submit the following application materials by July 1, 2018:
- A completed Legal Scholarship Application (provided on our website).
- A 650 word essay on what goals he or she hopes to accomplish through eventual employment in the legal field.
- A valid transcript (college or university) reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA, and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
Failure to include all required application materials will result in a rejection of the application.
The student who is selected will be notified of their selection for the $1,000 award in early August, 2018.
Eligible applications must be completed and received or postmarked no later than July 1‚ 2018. Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via mail.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Jeff Reiff at [email protected]. Emailed applications should contain the subject, “Reiff and Bily Legal Scholarship 2018”
Paper applications should be mailed to:
Reiff and Bily
Attn: Jeffrey Reiff
1125 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Before contacting us‚ please read through the questions below. If you have a question not covered, feel free to email your question to [email protected]‚ and someone will respond promptly.
How May the Scholarship be Used?
The Reiff and Bily $1,000 Legal Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1‚000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s university or college to cover educational expenses.
How Many Students Can Receive the Scholarship?
The Reiff and Bily Legal Scholarship will be awarded to one student who demonstrates academic excellence, achievement, and promise.
Can I Submit My Unofficial Transcript?
Unfortunately‚ no. We require that submitted transcripts be official records from your school’s registrar’s office.
Do I Need to Provide Both Proof of Acceptance and Proof of Enrollment?
You will need to provide one or the other, depending on your grade level. If you planning to attend law school in the fall, proof of acceptance would be sufficient to demonstrate enrollment for the fall semester.
For matriculating seniors‚ we may request proof of enrollment from your college’s registration prior to disbursing scholarship funds.
For all other applicants‚ proof of enrollment demonstrating you plan to be a full-time law school student for the fall 2017 semester is required. Failing to provide the necessary materials will disqualify your application.
What Can I Use as Proof of Enrollment?
Your school’s registrar’s office should be able to supply you with documentation of your enrollment or acceptance. This document must come from the registrar. We are unable to accept printouts or digital versions of your class schedule.
Do I Need to be in Law School or Going to Law School in Order to be Eligible?
The Reiff and Bily Legal Scholarship is available to any student pursuing a degree in the legal field. This includes law school‚ as well as those who are pursuing an undergraduate degree and have been accepted to attend an accredited law school in the following calendar year. If you have a question regarding the eligibility of your program, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Data Use Policy: Information gathered is used only to determine the authenticity of application materials and enrollment status. We (Reiff & Bily) do not disseminate this information to third parties nor do we consider submission of this information as tacit permission to receive future promotional materials from the law firm. The confidentiality of submitter information is maintained at all times. Application materials are destroyed after the evaluation process, during which our annual winner is chosen.
We’re looking forward to reviewing your submissions. Good luck!