New Jersey Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorneys
At the Philadelphia premises liability law firm of the Reiff & Bily, we have investigated many tragic situations involving propane and gas tank explosions as well as carbon monoxide poisoning in New Jersey. Carbon monoxide is the leading cause of accidental death poisoning in the United States and this odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas is a silent killer. If you or a loved one has been exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning, many times you will experience headaches, flu-like body aches, fatigue, vertigo, and vomiting.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that is toxic to the central nervous system and the heart. When inhaled, carbon monoxide compromises the ability of red blood cells to deliver oxygen to vital organs. Accordingly, carbon monoxide poisoning victims may exhibit vision problems, angina, respiratory failure, nausea, fatigue and low blood pressure. Unfortunately, many of these symptoms can easily be mistaken for those of other common illnesses. Installing a carbon monoxide sensor can alert you of this otherwise undetectable danger.
Sources of Carbon Monoxide
Gas and wood burning appliances generate carbon monoxide as a byproduct. If available ventilation does not disperse carbon monoxide, the concentration of gas can pose a life-threatening danger. Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur at home or at work. At home, stoves, furnaces, gas lanterns, barbecues, lawn mowers, and vehicles can leave elevated levels of carbon monoxide. In the work environment, carbon monoxide commonly threatens firefighters, welders, mechanics, and parking attendants.
In one of the cases that the Reiff & Bily gas explosion lawyers was consulted on, a number of individuals were visiting a South Jersey motel when they claimed they were feeling tired, dizzy, and suffered severe muscle cramping and pain. Medical examinations revealed that they were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty heating system and lack of proper ventilation. Elderly people, infants, and children are more susceptible to carbon monoxide poisoning than others. People who suffer asthma, emphysema, respiratory ailments, and anemia are more prone to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Over the years, our skilled injury lawyers have handled many cases involving the failure of carbon monoxide monitors and the death and illness of unsuspecting and innocent victims. It is extremely important to have a reliable carbon monoxide detector in your home and to make sure that it is installed in a proper area according to manufacturer’s specifications. A carbon monoxide detector put away in a closet will do no good.
There are thousands of fatalities every year in America from carbon monoxide poisoning and even a small amount of carbon monoxide in a living area can cause major health issues. It is important to recognize that carbon monoxide detectors often have a limited life span and should be replaced according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
If you believe that someone sustained carbon monoxide poisoning and a carbon monoxide alarm/detector was not operating properly, you should seek the services of an experienced carbon monoxide poisoning attorney specializing in defective products for a full and immediate investigation or your claim. The dedicated injury lawyers of the Reiff & Bily have represented wrongful death victims since 1979 and have been awarded over hundreds of millions of dollars.
You may be able to recover compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other expenses.
For a free, no obligation consultation contact us toll free at 1-800-588-0130 or contact us online.
USA Today: Hayrides in many states face few regulations
US News and World Report: Families Expect Fun at Amusement Parks, Not Danger