Jeffrey M. Reiff
1125 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Date of Birth: January 24, 1955 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Graduated magna cum laude from American University in 1976 with a B.S/B.A. in Marketing/Finance
- Earned his J.D. at Temple University in 1979
- School memberships included Phi Alpha Theta, Tau Epsilon Rho, Phi Kappa Phi, and Phi Alpha Delta
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania in 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit in 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court in 1994
- Supreme Court of New York in 2008
Professional & Bar Association Memberships:
- New York State Bar Association
Jeffrey M. Reiff is proud to be a Philadelphia trial lawyer committed to achieving justice for over 30 years. He is considered a masterful, tough, and skillful negotiator who is respected for his honesty and sense of fair play. To this day, a handshake still means something to Mr. Reiff and he has never forgotten his humble beginnings. He has been recognized nationally and internationally for his legal skills.
Mr. Reiff is dedicated to working hard to protect his clients' best interests and for the greater good of society. He believes that tyranny exists when there is no law. Mr. Reiff and his family are involved in many social and philanthropic causes.
Attorney Reiff learned the basics of courtroom etiquette and how to try cases during his internships with the Philadelphia Public Defender's Office and the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office. He continued to develop his legal skills at the prestigious trial law practice of Adler, Barish, Daniels, Levin and Creskoff then became a partner at the law firms of Sablosky, Wertheimer and Reiff and Mozenter, Goldberg, Durst and Reiff. He then went on to establish his own law firm, Reiff & Bily.
Mr. Reiff has consistently been rated as a Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Super Lawyer every year from 2005 through the present. He had been rated by his peers and clients with the highest of ratings "superb" by Avvo.com 10/10. Mr. Reiff has been selected by the National Trial Lawyers as a member of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers and has received the highest rating for legal abilities, skills, and ethics (AV) by Martindale-Hubbell, and has been listed for over 17 years consecutively in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers Internationally. Attorney Reiff is Judge Pro Tempore for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas where he actively mediates and resolves personal injury issues. Judges and lawyers often request that Mr. Reiff serve as arbitrator/mediator of their Pennsylvania alternative dispute case. He has testified as an expert witness in accounting and legal malpractice cases.
Mr. Reiff is a member of the Million Dollar Advocate Forum and he and his law firm have secured many verdicts and settlements against some of the world's largest corporations and insurance companies in excess of One Million Dollars. He is a founding member of the Billions Awarded Legal Group and has been recognized by Philadelphia Magazine, Pittsburg Magazine, Law and Politics Magazine, Newsweek, and Arrive Magazine as among the best and brightest lawyers in the Northeastern United States. Mr. Reiff is also listed in HG.org and was recently named as one of Philadelphia's 100 Top Rated Lawyers as published in The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Legal Intelligencer, and Wall Street Journal. He has consistently been named as one of the top attorneys in Pennsylvania by his colleagues and peers and is also listed as one of the 2,000 outstanding intellectuals of the 21st century by the International Biographical Center in Cambridge, England. Mr. Reiff has been widely recognized for his international philanthropic and charitable efforts. He has authored many articles for the profession and public in the field of catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. Mr. Reiff has been recognized as possessing the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards by legal peers, judges, and clients in a confidential voting process.
Attorney Reiff is a tireless advocate of the many clients (both individuals and organizations) that he represents locally, nationally, and internationally. He combines an inextinguishable and meticulous work ethic with the ability to come up with creative and innovative solutions to challenging issues in the quest to achieve maximum justice for his clients. He and his law firm have successfully represented thousands of clients since 1979.
Mr. Reiff’s Memberships Include:
- President, Executive Board World ORT Federation, Philadelphia Chapter
- President, Executive Board of Golden Slipper Club & Charities
- Friends of Hebrew University
- Young Leadership Board, Federation of Jewish Agencies
- Advisory Board of Directors, Republic Bank, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Member, Executive Board, Jewish National Fund
- Member of Panel, American Arbitration Association
- Vice President American ORT. Chairman, World ORT International Cooperation (London)
- Philadelphia (Member, Young Lawyers Section) and Pennsylvania (Member, Committees on: Lawyer Referral and Information, 1980—; Medico-Legal, 1981—; State Civil-Judicial Procedure, 1981—) Bar Associations
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Club of Philadelphia
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Martindale-Hubbell bar register of preeminent lawyers (National and International)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Named as as one of the Top 100 lawyers by Superlawyers 2012
- Named as Top 100 lawyers in Philadelphia as published in the Philadelphia Inquirer and The Legal Intelligencer
- Selected by the National Trial Lawyers one of the Top 100 trial lawyers
Attorney Reiff Is Listed In:
- Who's Who in American Law, 1984-1995
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who in American Finance, Society, Leaders
- International Men of Achievement, Cambridge, England
Attorney Reiff was named one of Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. Only 5% of attorneys in the region are given this honor.
Mr. Reiff is fluent in English, French, and Spanish. His preliminary practices include Personal Injury, Negligence, Medical Malpractice, Commercial Litigation, Products Liability, and International Relations.