The Philadelphia law firm of Reiff and Bily is pleased to announce that we are currently offering young law students the 2015 Reiff and Bily Legal Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is open to any student studying for a career in the legal field. All applicants must be:
- Pursuing a degree in pre-law or paralegal studies, or;
- Working towards their J.D. in any concentration related to the law.
All applicants for the Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must demonstrate plans to enroll for admission‚ or have proof of current full-time enrollment at an accredited institution. If you have not yet received your acceptance into college or law school‚ you may still apply‚ but the scholarship will not be released without proof of acceptance and enrollment.
- Your GPA must meet a minimum score of 3.0.
The recipient must provide the following documents in order to be considered eligible:
- A transcript reflecting the student’s current academic standing, including a minimum GPA of at least 3.0.
- Proof of admission and enrollment at an accredited institution of higher education.
All applicants need to submit the following application materials by July 1, 2015:
- A completed Legal Scholarship Application (provided on our website).
- A 650 word essay on what goals he or she hopes to accomplish through eventual employment in the legal field.
- A valid transcript (high school or college) reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA, and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
Failure to include all required application materials will result in a rejection of the application.
The student who is selected will be notified of their selection for the $1,000 award in early August, 2015.
Eligible applications must be completed and received or postmarked no later than July 1‚ 2015. Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via mail.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Jeff Reiff at [email protected]. Emailed applications should contain the subject, “Reiff and Bily Legal Scholarship 2015”
Paper applications should be mailed to:
Reiff and Bily
Attn: Jeffrey Reiff
1125 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Before contacting us‚ please read through the questions below. If you have a question not covered, feel free to email your question to [email protected]‚ and someone will respond promptly.
HOW MAY THE SCHOLARSHIP BE USED?
The Reiff and Bily $1,000 Legal Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1‚000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s university or college to cover educational expenses.
HOW MANY STUDENTS CAN RECEIVE THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The Reiff and Bily Legal Scholarship will be awarded to one student who demonstrates academic excellence, achievement, and promise.
CAN I SUBMIT MY UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT?
Unfortunately‚ no. We require that submitted transcripts be official records from your school’s registrar’s office.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE BOTH PROOF OF ACCEPTANCE AND PROOF OF ENROLLMENT?
You will need to provide one or the other, depending on your grade level. If you are a senior in highschool planning to attend college in the fall, proof of acceptance would be sufficient to demonstrate college or university enrollment for the fall semester of 2015.
For matriculating seniors‚ we may request proof of enrollment from your college’s registrat prior to disbursing scholarship funds.
For all other applicants‚ proof of enrollment demonstrating you plan to be a full-time student for the fall 2015 semester is required. Failing to provide the necessary materials will disqualify your application.
WHAT CAN I USE AS PROOF OF ENROLLMENT?
Your school’s registrar’s office should be able to supply you with documentation of your enrollment. This document must come from the registrar. We are unable to accept print outs or digital versions of your class schedule.
DO I NEED TO BE IN LAW SCHOOL OR GOING TO LAW SCHOOL IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE?
The Reiff and Bily Legal Scholarship is available to any student pursuing a degree in the legal field. This includes law school‚ as well as those who are pursuing an undergraduate degree in pre-law or paralegal studies. If you have a question regarding the eligibility of your program, please feel free to get in touch with us.
We’re looking forward to reviewing your submissions. Good luck!